- Knowledge Network
- UNWTO Awards
- Talent Development Platform
- Contact Us
UNIVERSITÁ DEGLI STUDI DEL MOLISE - FACULTY OF ECONOMICS, TOURISM SCIENCE PROGRAM
• In the last five years University of Molise developed an internationalization process finalized to improve the quality of our Tourism Programs through a benchmarking activity and development of educational offer.We renewed for the second time in 2008 the TedQual Certification for the first level degree of Science Tourism and for the second level degree of Archaeology, Cultural Heritage and Tourism that is innovative in Italy. Actually we have about 600 student involved in both the tourism programs with an after graduate occupation index higher than the national average.In the last years we were involved in the following international research:
• European Project SITUR (Sostenibilidad Integral en Turismo) financed by “Life” Programme developed with “Consejeria del Turismo y Medio Ambiente, Gobierno de La Rioja – Logrono (Spain) (2002-2004);
• The analysis of tourism destination competitiveness from a sustainable perspective: Subjects, tools and methodologies for an effective and periodic audit. A comparison of Italy, Canada and Spain with University of Calgary (Canada), University Antonio Nebrija (Madrid, Spain) and University of Las Palmas (Spain); Strategic vision:
• Develop scientific joint activity with the Jordan University of Al-Hussein Bin Talal (College of Archaeology, Tourism and Hotel Management) by which we have stipulated a Memorandum of Interest in June 2009
• Present a project for a new UNESCO Chair on Governance for material and immaterial cultural heritage for sustainable tourism development and we hope that UNWTO Education and Science Council could co-operate on its internationalization.
• Continue our co-operation with THEMIS Foundation after the first stage of one best student in 2010.
Specializations, Areas & Projects:
• Destination management
• Cultural Heritage TourismEnglish Français Español